Jeff Meyer is an attorney with The Advocates personal injury law firm. Jeff is dedicated to assisting injury victims who have been disregarded and treated unfairly by insurance providers. After a long and successful career as a criminal prosecutor and a civil defense attorney, Jeff has chosen to use his vast legal experience to help his clients recover what they are truly owed according to Wyoming law.
Jeff began his legal career in 1996 when he began working for a general practice law firm based in Nebraska. He then took a position as the Deputy County Attorney, then the Chief Deputy, and finally the County Attorney in Lincoln County, Nebraska where he handled prosecutions for every level of criminal offenses. In 2008, Jeff changed careers to work as a civil defense attorney in order to better assist those in need navigate the legal process.
Jeff decided to leave his career in civil defense work to join The Advocates in 2021. Jeff is proud to work with The Advocates because he thinks his legal priorities correspond with the firm’s mission to help those injured in debilitating accidents find a skilled and competent voice in their own recovery. Jeff’s previous experience working on the “other side” as a civil defense attorney provides him with a unique perspective and serves as a valuable asset for his clients’ cases. More than anything, Jeff believes his work with The Advocates will help him return to the core reason why he began practicing law in the first place: to help those in need.
During his free time, Jeff enjoys traveling with his wife, fishing and hunting with his sons, training his labrador retriever, and riding his motorcycle. An avid outdoorsman, Jeff has become a true Wyomingite through and through.
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Hastings College
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Nebraska College of Law
- Steinacher, Vosoba & Hansen, Crete, Nebraska 1996-1997. General Practice.
- Lincoln County Attorney’s Office, Nebraska 1997-2008
- Deputy County Attorney, 1997-1998
- Chief Deputy County Attorney, 1998-1999
- County Attorney, 1999-2008
- Murane & Bostwick, Wyoming 2008-2018
- Schwartz, Bon, Walker & Studer, Wyoming 2019-2021
Admitted to Practice
- Nebraska 1996
- Wyoming 2007
- Federal District Court of Wyoming
- Wyoming State Bar Association
Areas of Law
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Prosecution
- Civil Defense
- Real State
- Transactional Law