Pedestrian accidents are one of the most fatal types of accidents involving a motor vehicle. A pedestrian accident almost always results in suffering serious injuries or even worse, death. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, pedestrian deaths make up the vast majority of motor vehicle fatalities in the United States.
While improvements are being made for vehicle safety and for the safety of motorists, pedestrians steadily remain at a high risk of being fatally wounded when crossing the road. According to Wyoming State Law, all motor vehicle drivers must yield to pedestrians when they enter a marked roadway or crosswalk. Those who neglect to follow these state laws run the risk of hitting and potentially injuring or killing an innocent pedestrian. With an Advocate on your side, we will build you the strongest personal injury case possible and serve as an ally to help obtain just compensation for your pain and suffering.
How Are Pedestrian Accidents Defined?
A pedestrian accident involves a person traveling by foot, walking, running, or even sitting, who is struck motor vehicle while attempting to cross a roadway. Pedestrian accidents typically occur because of the following reasons:
- Driver/or pedestrian was using an electronic device
- Driver failed to properly cross lanes
- Car was too quiet to hear
- Alcohol was involved
- Pedestrian was wearing dark clothing
- Pedestrian crossed at an unmarked crosswalk
If you’ve been injured due to any of the above reasons, then chances are you’ve likely been involved in a pedestrian accident. If you’re not sure who’s responsible for your injuries, you can always contact one of our pedestrian accident attorneys at The Wyoming Advocates to help determine the liability of your pedestrian accident case.
The Most Common Types of Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Drivers are ultimately responsible for yielding to all pedestrians crossing at a marked intersection, including roadways, crosswalks, and even parking lots. Let’s be honest, the damages between a vehicle driver and a pedestrian just aren’t comparable. Pedestrian accidents often cause traumatic injuries, and even death in some instances. Some of the most common types of pedestrian accident injuries are as followed:
- Serious head injuries (concussions, skull fractures, contusion)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Deep cuts, minor scrapes, and bruises
- Sprained or torn muscles
Depending on the severity of your injuries, your accident claim could be worth a significant amount of money. But, as you know, nothing can truly compensate you for your injuries. The Wyoming Advocates will do everything we can to make sure your life is returned to what it once was before the accident.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Attorney Help Me?
The truth of the matter is that your personal injury claim could be worth a lot more money than what your insurance company will lead you to believe. This is exactly why it’s necessary to have legal representation. Our core mission as personal injury lawyers at The Advocates is to not only build you the strongest accident claim possible to help you restore your life, but also to help you receive the largest settlement for your injuries.
According to the Insurance Research Council, accident victims who were represented by a personal injury attorney received almost 3.5 times more in settlement compensation than personal injury victims who were not represented by a lawyer.
Truth be told, there are a number of ways to benefit from hiring a PI lawyer. The following list are the TOP THREE reasons why hiring one of our Advocates will help strengthen your personal injury case:
- We help walk you through the steps of filing a personal injury claim, immediately determining who’s the party at-fault
- We negotiate with the party responsible for your injuries and their insurance company to help you receive a fair settlement amount
- We advise medical treatment and offer referrals to doctors, chiropractors, or other clinical specialists to help pave the way to a smooth recovery process for you
Our mission as Advocates is to work with you throughout the entirety of your case. We begin by determining fault and end by helping you obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
Pedestrian Accident Safety Tips for You & Your Kids
While many external factors can easily put you at risk of being in a pedestrian accident, there are a few safety measures to keep in mind whenever crossing the road:
- Always use the sidewalk when one is available
- If no walkway is available, use the shoulder facing oncoming traffic
- BE ALERT when using a crosswalk
- Do not use your electronic device when crossing the road
- Do not EVER assume that a driver sees you; always be cautious!
- Make eye contact with drivers when walking across the street
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections whenever possible.
- Be visible and wear bright clothing, especially at night
The Wyoming Advocates want nothing more than for you and your family to be safe when out walking in public. A few other pedestrian safety measures to consider are outside factors like weather, time of day, age, drug or alcohol involvement.
Contact The Advocates About Your Pedestrian Accident
Being the victim in a pedestrian accident can be one of the most terrifying experiences of your life. Not only do you come face-to-face with a moving vehicle but you experience all of the physical and emotional trauma of getting hit by a car.
With an Advocate on your side, we will do our best to help relieve such trauma and help make your life whole again. You can contact us for a FREE case evaluation 24 hours a day. Call us at (307)-466-0003 or CHAT NOW with one of our attorneys from our homepage.