Bicycle Accident Lawyer
An Attorney Can Help Your Bicycle Accident Case
Each year thousands of cyclists suffer serious bike injuries in the United States. According to the NHTSA, more than 783 cyclists were killed in traffic collisions in 2017. The unfortunate reality is that cyclists suffer far worse injuries than vehicle drivers. If you or a loved one were recently injured in a bike accident, you can call a Wyoming bicycle accident lawyer today for legal advice.
Bicyclists in Wyoming not only share the road with much larger vehicles, such as cars, SUVs and even semi trucks, cyclists are required by law to follow the same traffic regulations as other motorists. ¬But, despite having to share similar traffic rules, the injuries that cyclists face are substantially greater than those of the driver. If your bike accident injuries were caused by another person’s negligence, a Wyoming bicycle accident lawyer with The Advocates will help you get the recovery you are owed.
Wyoming Bicycle Laws and Useful Facts
The attorneys with The Advocates are experts in all relevant bike laws of Wyoming. The following list is helpful information to consider about bicycle use and laws in Wyoming.
Wyoming Passing Laws
“Wyoming requires that the driver of a motor vehicle overtaking and passing a bicycle, which is operating lawfully, proceeding in the same direction shall, when space allows, maintain at least a three (3) foot separation between the right side of the driver’s motor vehicle, including all mirrors and other projections from the motor vehicle, and the bicycle.” Source: Wyo. Stat. Ann. §31-5-203(c)
Bike Helmet Laws
“Wyoming has no helmet law. It is legal for all persons of any age to operate a bicycle without wearing a helmet unless otherwise provided by a municipal regulation.” Source: N/A
“Wyoming requires that every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.” Source: Wyo. Stat. Ann. §31-5-704
Sidewalk Riding Laws
“Wyoming prohibits vehicles, other than motorized wheelchairs and vehicles moved by human power, from driving upon a sidewalk or sidewalk area except upon a permanent or duly authorized temporary driveway. Therefore, bicycles may be driven on sidewalks.” Source: Wyo. Stat. Ann. §31-5-120
If you are a cyclist who has been injured in an bike crash, a Wyoming bicycle accident lawyer will be able to navigate these complex bike laws for you. We’ll negotiate a fair settlement with the at-fault party, and if their insurance refuses to play fair, our litigation team will take them to court.
Types of Bicycle Accidents
Unlike minor fender bender crashes, bike accidents too often result in a tragic ending for cyclists; a few broken bones, a fractured spine, or even a fatality. Bikes simply do not offer the same protection that full-sized vehicles do. What’s worse is that most bike accidents occur for the same traffic reasons. Here are a few of the most common reasons bicyclists are hit by cars on the road:
- The Left Cross – The Left Cross, one of the most dangerous types of bicycle accidents, occurs when the cyclist and the driver meet face-to-face on opposite sides of the intersection. Typically, the driver and bicyclist collide head-on at almost full speed. Most drivers will more than likely deny seeing the cyclist in the first place. Which is why you should have a Wyoming bicycle accident lawyer to serve as an advocate for your injuries.
- The Right Hook– The Right Hook is an act of pure negligence. Another reason to have a bike accident lawyer on your legal side. This situation is where the driver and the cyclist are usually heading in the same direction right before the motorist crosses directly into the path of a bicyclist. And, according to the NHTSA, these types of bicycle incidents make up for 15% of all bike accidents.
- Forgot to Yield – While it’s rare for cyclists to be the at-fault party in a bike accident, it does happen. Mostly because cyclists fail to follow basic road rules, like coming to a full stop at a red light or stop sign. Coming to a full stop or remembering to slow down at an intersection may not only avoid a serious collision but also save a cyclist’s life.
Bicyclists have just as much right to be on the road as other drivers. Though as more and more cyclists share the roads with other vehicles, the higher the risk they face. If you were injured in a bike accident due to another driver’s negligence, that driver may be held responsible for your injuries and suffering. Our job as Advocates is to help you determine liability for your accident and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
How to Determine Liability in a Bike Accident
Determining liability is one of the most critical yet difficult aspects of pursuing a bike accident claim. The reason for this is that, although most bike accident victims are not the at-fault party, insurance companies are will try to diminish your pain and offer you the lowest settlement amount possible.
Having a Wyoming bicycle accident lawyer will help you stop the insurance companies from taking advantage of your case. Your personal injury lawyer with The Advocates won’t let insurance companies use their tactics against you. Our job is to help you build the strongest case possible and win. You deserve an Advocate!
What a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
Working with an experienced attorney who is familiar with Wyoming’s complex bike accident laws can have a profound impact on the success of your accident claim. In most cases, injured victims only have three years from the date they were injured to file their claim. Rest assured, with an Advocate on your side, we will not only file your claim in a timely manner, but we will also do each of the following:
- Determine liability for your injuries and losses
- Compile all medical records and documents for you
- Build you the strongest bicycle accident claim possible
- Work tirelessly to get you fair compensation
- Serve as an Advocate for You and Your Injuries
The Advocates have nothing but your best interests at-heart. Each bike accident claim is unique to us and we will investigate your case thoroughly and honestly. Our goal is to restore your life back to what it was before your accident. The Advocates will get you the recovery you are owed.
Call a Bicycle Accident Attorney with The Advocates Today
The aftermath of being in a bicycle accident can be one of the most stressful times in your life. Medical bills begin to pile up. Insurance adjusters pester you with low settlement amounts. You are unable to work or live your life like you had before you were injured. All the while you are dealing with the pain and suffering from the accident itself.
When you hire The Advocates to represent your personal injury case, we will put your needs first. Don’t hesitate to contact one of our attorneys today for a FREE evaluation of your case. You can either call us at (307)-466-0003 or chat with an attorney on our homepage.